The Village of Bellaire
The village of Bellaire is a town located in the state of Michigan in the United States. The town was settled in 1879. Although a small village in the wilderness, Bellaire has plenty of charm and fun things to do. Read on to learn more about this charming Michigan village.
Village of Bellaire Population
According to the 2019 Census, there was an estimate of 1,015 people living in Bellaire.
Village of Bellaire Population Growth
According to the 2019 Census, there was a decrease in people from the last nine years, totaling 1,066 people. The population has continued to decline through 2021.
Are Short Term Rentals Allowed in the Village of Bellaire?
On June 1, 2021 we received an email from the zoning administer stating:
“As for property located within the Village limits, currently our zoning ordinance nor our Village Code specifically address short term rentals. This does not mean that it will not be addressed in the future.”
For the most up to date information you can contact the village at:
Some stores you may find in Bellaire include:
- Family Fare Supermarket
- Village Market
Top 3 Attractions In Village of Bellaire
- Richardi Park: This park includes a swimming area and sports such as tennis. It is a large and beautiful park outlined by the area’s gorgeous natural setting.
- Torch Lake Cellars: Located at 5245 Clam Lake Rd, Bellaire, MI 49615, Torch Lake Cellars is where wine drinkers unite. Treat yourself to a nice glass of wine and grab a bite to eat while you’re at it.
- Lake Bellaire: One of the many lakes found in the state of Michigan. Lake Bellaire was formerly known as Grass Lake.
Top 3 Restaurants in the Village of Bellaire
Visit the top three restaurants in Bellaire to get a taste of Michigan cuisine.
- Toonie’s Fish & Steak House
- Corner Bistro
Top 3 Calendar Events In Village of Bellaire
Looking for activities that locals love? Here are the top three events in Bellaire:
- Formal Flip: An opportunity to donate formal attire for flipping or jazzing up
- Crafternoon: A day of crafting with your kids or with friends at Bellaire Public Library
- FOL Movie Night: A movie night held at the Bellaire Public Library
Is There a Starbucks Located in the Village of Bellaire?
Yes. Bellaire’s Starbucks is located at 430 N Lake St, Family Fare- Boyne City #1517, Boyne City, MI 49712.
What Lakes or Rivers Are Located in the Village of Bellaire?
In Bellaire, you can find the following lakes:
- Intermediate Lake
- Lake Bellaire
- Clam Lake
- Torch Lake (the second largest inland lake in Michigan)
Top Outdoor Activities in the Village of Bellaire
Snowboarding, ice skating, and snowmobiling are some activities you can do in the winter in Bellaire. In the spring and summer, try out:
- Morel mushroom hunting
- Smelt dipping
- Fat tire biking